Sunday, December 20, 2009

Jingle Jingle Jingle.


Not the sound of change. This weekend the EPFD helped out the Salvation Army by ringing bells in front of Cub Foods. We were in full turnout gear which definitely got the attention of the shoppers but also kept us warm on a mild December day. This was my first time ringing bells for the SA and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised not only at the generosity of people but also their sincere appreciate for the fire department.

I was expecting people to drop some spare change in the bucket but instead 8 of every 10 person who walked by dug into their wallets to pull out a dollar or two. In fact we saw people donate $5, $10, $20 and even a $100. I have no idea what we raised but 9 hours of holiday grocery shoppers….I am sure it will help a lot of people in need.

This photo was taken after the first 10 minutes. Keep in mind we did not have the official collection bin or bells so we made due with an ‘ash’ bucket. Happy Holidays!

No comments: