Sunday, August 9, 2009

Add Another One to the list.

Wow..what a week.

Sunday night lightning strike produced a mutual aid call in Chanhassen…attic fire. Thursday night we had a fully involved Eden Prairie house fire (defensive). Friday there was a mutual aid for a kitchen fire in Edina (T41 standby) and Friday night we had another Eden Prairie house fire most likely from a lightning strike. In addition to another dozen or so fire alarms and medical related calls. This was by far the busiest weekend in my first year on the department.

Before joining the EPFD I had no idea what it meant to be a volunteer. You just come to expect that when an event happens people show up. Fire, Police, Medical….it is expected. The reality of the effort that goes into getting an apparatus & crew to the scene in a timely manner is impressive. I know this weekend I have spent more hours in my stinking, wet turn out gear than sleeping in my comfy bed……and I loved every minute!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

David,
You are as committed to and passionate about fire prevention and control as anything you've ever done in your corporate life! Your community is so very lucky to have you.