Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Relay for Life


Each year I like to participate in a couple of charity based events. Over the years I have run a handful of 5k's for various events, rode a bicycle across Alaska for Aids research, jumped into a frozen lake for the Special Olympics.

This summer I have decided to support the "Relay for Life" which supports the American Cancer Society.

Since joining the EPFD I have come to meet a great group of people that all share a similar passion for community and helping. I have also met a few individuals that have been directly impacted by Cancer and are very passionate about this event and charity.

So, I am joining the EPFD and EP Police department in raising money and participating in the Relay for Life on July 17.

I typically do not like asking friends and family for charitable contributions but I have gotten past this issue and I am starting to realize how generous people can and want to be.

I am asking each person to contribute at least $10 with a goal of rasing $1000 (I have increased my minimum from $110 to $1000)

If you are interestd in supporting me in this cause please click the photo below and contribute....

or paste the following link in your browser:
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY09MW?px=11792594&pg=personal&fr_id=16133&fl=en_US&et=eB4aIDVZAl2iGZ0l9z-nVg..&s_tafId=276222

No comments: