Thursday, June 26, 2014

100 Hours into this leg break and I am still thinking it is all a bad dream....but reality is setting in.   On the bright side.....I am finally "taking it easy" which is something my wife is always telling me to do.   Another bright side is I get to see how good our friends really are.   Even my son's friends (keep in mind these guys are 18 on summer break.......I am fairly certain I was not driving around wishing my parents friends get well cards and bringing them cake) are stepping up and bringing small gifts and thoughtful signs.


  • I get to work from home - a new discipline that is actually working.
  • I am home during some of the best events (World-cup Soccer, Wimbledon and soon Tour de France)
  • I get to spend more time with my lovely wife (which i hope she continues to appreciate)
  • I get to build up my upper body (
  • I get to grow out a beard.  No Fire duty no shaving requirements 
  • I get to write these 'thought-provoking' blogs

I'll work on the things I can't do next.



No comments: