Sunday, November 1, 2009

ER Shadow

Friday morning I spent for hours shadowing an EMT Tech at Methodist Hospital. I needed five patient contacts which was no problem so we were fairly selective avoiding the H1N1 patients and kept an eye for some trauma….no luck.

First patient was a COPD with a chief complaint of difficulty breathing. Other patients included a few other respiration related issues, chest pains and a bowel obstruction. I did get a see two catheter procedures as they looked for coronary lesions and blockages. Very impressive to see how quickly a catheter can be pushed up the femoral artery all the way up to the R. Atrium.

I did miss a eviscerated bowel by fifteen minutes….that would have been something to see…..okay, after googleing “eviscerated bowel” maybe I am glad I missed it.

No comments: