Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dorment Blog

I guess the fact that my last post was on the 18th of January is a clear indication that not much has been going on in the city of EP as it relates to Fire & Rescue services.

I can say that I passed my Hazardous Materials Operations certification a few weeks ago. Now I am trained to know how to avoid coming in contact with nasty chemicals. In reality the HAZMAT training has been eye opening. To realize how many chemicals exist in our society on a daily basis daunting. Chlorine and Ammonia tanks to keep ice rinks cold or water clean to trucks hauling highly corrosive chemicals. Even a residential garage can be a hazmat situation with all fertilizer, gas cans, propane and paint situated in the same shelf.

As for FF II training....we just completed preincident planning and will be moving on to thermal imaging cameras.

No comments: